Two pitchers with top-10 ERAs match up when Sonny Gray (1.64 ERA) starts for the Minnesota Twins (25-23) against Alex Cobb (1.94) and the San Francisco Giants (23-24) on Tuesday at 7:40 PM ET.
The favored Twins (-140 on the moneyline to win) take the field at home against the Giants (+119). The total for the game is set at 7.5 total runs.
The betting insights in what follows use the latest odds as of May 23, 2023 at 3:24 AM ET. Ready to bet? Click here to get the best DraftKings Sportsbook deposit bonus!
Twins vs Giants Betting Lines
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total|
Twins Betting Insights
- This season, the Twins have been favored 24 times and won 15, or 62.5%, of those games.
- Minnesota has a record of 9-8 in games when sportsbooks favor them by at least -140 on the moneyline.
- The sportsbooks’ moneyline implies a 58.3% chance of a victory for the Twins.
- Minnesota and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 18 of 41 opportunities.
- In 41 games with a spread this season, the Twins are 19-22-0 ATS.
Twins Last 10 Games Trend
|Runs Per Game||5.8|
Giants Betting Insights
- The Giants have been chosen as underdogs in 18 games this year and have walked away with the win nine times (50%) in those games.
- San Francisco has a win-loss record of 4-6 when favored by +119 or worse by bookmakers this year.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Giants have a 45.7% chance of walking away with the win.
- San Francisco and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 18 of its 40 opportunities.
- The Giants are 20-20-0 against the spread in their 40 games with a line set by sportsbooks this season.
Giants Last 10 Games Trend
|Runs Per Game||4.0|
If you’re looking for a place to bet on the Twins or Giants, look no further than DraftKings Sportsbook, where you can use our link to get the best offer for new depositors!
Twins Probable Pitcher – Gray
- Gray and his team have a record of 3-4-0 against the spread when he starts.
- The right-hander gave up two earned runs and allowed five hits in four innings pitched against the Los Angeles Dodgers on Wednesday.
- In nine starts this season, Gray has lasted five or more innings eight times, with an average of 5.5 innings per appearance.
- Gray’s team has been victorious in 75% of the games he’s started as the moneyline favorite with a record of 3-1.
- Gray’s team has won five of his nine starts.
- Games Gray has started this season hit the over four times in seven chances.
Twins Relief Pitchers
Giants Probable Pitcher – Cobb
- Cobb (3-1 with a 1.94 ERA and 44 strikeouts in 51 2/3 innings pitched) makes the start for the Giants, his 10th of the season.
- In his most recent time out on Wednesday, the right-hander tossed 3 1/3 innings against the Philadelphia Phillies, allowing two earned runs while surrendering five hits.
- Cobb is trying to collect his seventh start of five or more innings this season in this matchup.
- The Giants have been the moneyline underdog in four of Cobb’s starts this season, and they went 2-2 in those matchups.
- Cobb’s team has a 6-3 record in his starts this season.
- Cobb has started seven contests with a total set by sportsbooks this season. The teams have combined to go over the run total in one of them.
Giants Relief Pitchers
Twins Hitting Trends
- The Twins are 24-4 this season in games when they hit two or more homers.
- Minnesota has put up at least five extra-base hits in 18 games this season, and won each time.
- The team is 29-7 in the games this season it has racked up at least eight hits.
- Minnesota is 29-3 in games this season when it put up at least five runs.
- The Twins have drawn five or more walks in 19 games this season, and are 13-6 in those contests.
Giants Hitting Trends
- They are 11-13 this season when they hit two or more home runs in a game.
- San Francisco has won five of its 12 games with five or more extra-base hits this season.
- They have a record of 13-14 this season when collecting eight or more base hits in a game.
- San Francisco has a 14-12 record this season when scoring five or more runs in a game.
- They have a 9-5 record this season when drawing five or more walks in a game.
Twins vs. Giants Prediction
Moneyline Pick: Twins (-140)
Over/Under Pick: Over (7.5)
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm derived from offensive performance metrics and probable starting pitchers.
Ready to bet? Check out our great offer for new users at DraftKings, no promo code required!
Odds subject to change. Not all offers available in all areas. See DraftKings for offer details, terms and conditions. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.